- A new fence and entry gate was installed to provide a welcoming environment and secure perimeter.
- The main campus entry was also reconfigured to allow for greater supervision and safety.
- A secure play yard was created for kindergarten children.
- Accessible parking and pathway to the office was created.
- Bridges Transitional Kindergarten opening August 2016.
Planned projects beginning in 2016 - 2017:
JCES is one of three schools included in the first phase of the district-wide Window, Paint, Floor and Door projects. The projects include:
- Replacement of entire window systems where windows have not been replaced in the past 25 years will be modernized with energy- efficient windows.
- The entire window systems in Building F (Rooms 16-23) will be replaced.
- All windows will get new roller shades.
- Interior painting of all rooms.
- Modernization of all floor coverings (tile and carpet) that have not been replaced in the past 25 years.
- Replacement of any doors and/or door frames that have not been replaced in the past 25 years.
- Window, Paint and Floor projects are expected to be completed in the fall of 2016.
- Seaside Preschool will also be added to JCES with an expected opening of fall 2017.